Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's My Birthday!

Good morning all (or one, depending on if anyone reads this!). Today is my birthday, and let me tell you how wonderful my husband is. I woke up this morning to a huge bouquet of flowers. And then, I got to open my presents. Art and the girls had made birdhouses for me (yipee!). We used to have a bunch, but when the moose tried to jump the fence in our yard with it's baby, the baby got hung up and all the birdfeeders fell off their poles - true story! So, some bird houses for our feathered friends. Then, he got me a HUGE bar of Bernard Callebeaut chocolate (yummy goodness!). Lastly, a book, "The Shack" (anyone read it?), with a coupon in there for a 2 day retreat in the Roman Room at WEM, and a visit to the spa. Doesn't he rock?!

I've been wanting to take a spiritual retreat for a while. To get away, and take some time to read, relax, and mainly, reflect. I've missed connecting with God for quite some time, and cannot wait to just hang out with Him. And to get to go to the Spa....that's just an added bonus!

This afternoon, I am going to do one of my most favorite things ever....flower shopping!! I am going to Costco to get my flowers, and then tonight, Art's first baseball game. I think it'll be a great day! Hooray for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just talked to your husband, and he said you were at Costco, and now I read....that you are at Costco. wow, it must be true. Hopefully I will get ahold of you still today, but Happy Birthday!