Sunday, May 18, 2008

Phew!

Phew! What a weekend we've had! It's been fabulous, but a bit tiring. Yesterday, we hosted a birthday party for our friend, Natalie. We had almost 60 people here for a b-b-q. Crazy, I know. Here's the really crazy part....24 of those people were adults, so that leaves over 30 that were kids. The majority of them were under 8. I had my camera out to take pictures, but I forgot. Sorry! There were kids everywhere! Thankfully, the weather was amazing - if it hadn't been, my house would've seemed REALLY small!! The kids all played great, and I think they had a super time!

It's funny. My girls were so excited about having this party. The first thing that they said when we got up in the morning was, "Mom, today's the big party!!" They were very anxious to help get things ready, which was great. I am hoping to teach them how to be gracious hostesses - play with everyone, make sure people have food and drink and someone to talk to....you know, the basics. I love activities like this which give me the opportunity to continue to train them up. I know it seems like a minor thing, but we've all been to someone's house where we feel kind of uncomfortable... It's terrible! Hopefully, my girls will at least have that in their toolbox of life.

Today, we crashed! I had the everlasting nap.....mmmmm! Thanks, Art (he got up with the girls!). I love Sundays - our day set apart for sitting on our asses, resting. Love it! Have a restful day, all.

No comments: