Friday, May 30, 2008

Short lived

So, I've been a bit of a slacker this week, and haven't posted much. Sorry! It's been a busy week. We had a friend here from out of town for 2 nights, and then Art had business meetings with the cabinet company that we are dealers for. Busy, busy. Now, I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry, and it's sunny and I'm a tab bit resentful of that fact.

A family friend of ours died this morning. She was a soft spoken, kind hearted woman who loved the Lord and her family. My heart is very sad for her kind husband who has to relearn how to live his life. Cooking, cleaning, finances.... I am reminded today how short lived our time here really is, and that I want to spend my time doing something that has eternal value. At the end of the day, how much of what I do really matters? Sure, some things are necessary (like the forementioned laundry!), but some things are not (like making sure that my kids have a clean room all the time). How do I want to be remembered, as a mother and wife and friend? Deep thoughts, this Friday afternoon....deep thoughts.

No comments: