Tuesday, June 8, 2010

He's Home!

Art spent last week away....doing boy things.....with other boys!  Him and my dad drove up to Fort McMurray to go quading for a couple of days with one of my cousins, and then met up with another cousin and a couple of my uncles for a weekend of fishing.  While he was away, he got to go on a helicopter ride as well.  The pictures were pretty amazing from that!

They came home Sunday night, and along with them, they brought a few fish. So, last night, Art did up a fish fry for us. Too bad my parents left Monday am, 'cuz they missed some good eatin'! I was pretty impressed, because although my man is fairly fantastic, he's not really the cooking kind. He typically will make pancakes, french toast, and bacon and eggs....those are his "specialties"! So, I had to take a picture!



He poured some oil over the fillet's, then sprinkled them liberally with a yummy homemade seasoning, fried them in butter until they were a little bit caramelized and crunchy. 

I must say....he did really good!  And it always tastes better when I don't have to cook it.  I told him he could go fishing anytime if he brought us home some fish and cooked it up for us!

Anyhow, although he had a great week away, it's good to have him home with us!

2 comments:

Sider Family said...

Art made the fam an apple pie once. And I think soup in a bread bowl... Or was it tri-coloured tortellini? He's been holding out on you!!!!

The Goerzen Girls...and Art said...

He HAS been holding out on me! Although I may have heard about the apple pie - didn't someone help him with that? But the soup in a bread bowl? That's fairly impressive! I must say, he has done some baking here and there over the years....but cooking? Not so much!