Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Something old (again)

A while ago, I talked about posting about some of my "treasures", and their previous lives.  Well, I thought I'd slowly continue on with that....

Here is a cabinet that sits in my living room. If I were to open the cabinet and take a picture, you would be appalled. In fact, I am appalled every time I open it. This cabinet is our go to place for lots and lots and lots of stuff. I store all my candles in here, our dvd's and PS3 games, some decorations, trays, chords for every electronic device known to man, etc. It's kind of a catch-all for that kind of stuff. My fantastic husband bought it at a garage sale for me in the beginning of my chippy paint days, and I must tell you, I thought it was a bit rustic then. Now, however, I LOVE it! I think he paid $15 for it, and it had been in someones garage for storage. I love how on the left side and top, it is unpainted. It adds to it's character! This thing is a beast - it weighs a ton, so it will never be moved! It's probably 8 ft. tall, so it really fits the scale of that room, and it stores a lot. I'm telling you, friends, that my life is better because of this piece of furniture...it at least makes me appear somewhat organized!

No comments: