Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Week Alone

I told you about Art's week away, but now it's time to tell you about my week....alone.....with my 4 kids....and my Mom who was here for the week....

We actually had a lot of fun. We took the girls swimming, which was exhausting (what is it about sitting in a bunch of water that is so tiring?!). We went shopping a few days, when we only had 2 girls with us.  Friday night, the girls had their ballet recital...they were pretty cute little bumblebees....



Saturday morning, we headed into Stony Plain for the Farmer Days Parade.  This has been a tradition for a lot of years!  Here are my ladies in their new Canada shirts from Nana (of course!)

We usually meet up with a few families to enjoy the parade.  Here's the long line of our kids....

I think there were 20 in all.  Not bad for 6 families!  Ellie Mae stuck pretty close to Nana during the parade..

After the parade, we grabbed some lunch and headed out to a park to enjoy the day.  While I was in the drive through at A&W, I looked over at the Tim Horton's to see this:

One of the horse and buggies from the parade decided they wanted to eat as well.  I was quite funny to see an outdated form of transportation making it's way through a modern convenience!  They had a crowd of spectators taking pictures as well.  Those are some pretty well behaved ponies, I'd say!

The little girls got some umbrellas from Nana as well.  Let me tell you, they have been the biggest hit!  I think they have played with them outside every single day since they got them!

Lastly, we took the girls to see the movie Marmaduke.  I was fun to take them all, and other than  Ellie Mae folding into her seat repeatedly, it was great.  Really, who can go wrong?  They even had refillable popcorn!




Yup, a good week was had by all.  But let me tell you, Monday, I was exhausted!!  I need a week just to recoup from my week alone!

No comments: