Monday, June 14, 2010

Revolt!

There are a few things that cause my family to revolt.  However, one of them happened this weekend....

We. ran. out. of. raspberry. jam.

Can you imagine?  In the late spring, I think I did 9 batches, and on Saturday, as we were eating pancakes, Hannah went to the basement to get some more, and it was all gone.  I am telling you friends, lack of the jam puts these people out of sorts....quite quickly...

Thankfully, I have stockpiled raspberries for such a time as this.  So last night, I dug out 5 ice cream pails of frozen berries to thaw overnight, and this morning, Hannah and I made 5 batches of jam.  Again.  Thankfully, they will leave me alone now....I hope!

Here's the craziest thing about this little story.  I still have 8 pails of rasberries in my freezer to get rid of before I start picking again.  You know what that means? 

Yup.  Raspberry everything, coming up!

1 comment:

Faded Plains said...

Homemade raspberry jam sounds so good...making jam is on my list of things I'd love to learn.