Monday, January 10, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

One of my most favorite things to do is to bake.  I call it therapy.  Especially when it involves yeast.  I don't know, something about the smell of the yeast, and feel of dough in my hands is therapeutic. 

The other night, I had a hankering for cinnamon raisin bread.  One of my all time favorite things is cinnamon raisin toast...loaded up with butter.  Or cinnamon raisin french toast....mmm...

Anyhow, I figured, heck!  I can make this!  So, I pulled out my trusty dough recipe, through in some cinnamon and raisins, and, "Viola!"

The dough needed a bit more flour, which I didn't realize until it was too late, but oh well, it still rose fairly well, even though it was a bit flat. 

And the smell.....heavenly!!  A great way to wake up!

No comments: