Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Well Oiled Machine

Friday was the (almost) perfect homeschool day.  It was a day that things were running like a well oiled machine!  When I got up, the Girls were just starting breakfast, and I heard one of them pray, "...and help us to work hard at school today....", and I knew.  I knew it would be a good day.  After breakfast, they all dispersed to start on their school work.  I worked with Molly for a bit, and then Abby, and then, Hannah.  Their math was done.  And then language arts.  And then I looked at the clock.  And it was 10:15 am!

I was so proud of them for all buckling down and working hard.  And, they even worked ahead!  There are definitely days here when there is weeping and gnashing of teeth and procrastinating and pouting.  But yesterday was not one of those days!  And I was thankful.  I even got to say, "Look at how fast you girls can get school done when you put your mind to it!". 

The greatest thing about yesterday?  After a "hard day at school", they all put on their snow gear (because we have probably 3 ft. of snow!!), and played outside.  For 2 hours.  Until lunchtime.  And I stayed inside.  For 2 hours.  By myself.  It's a beautiful thing, friends, a beautiful thing!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

We had a day like that on Wednesday. By 10:00 they were all outside. Sweet!