Friday, January 14, 2011

The Forgotten Box

The other day, we were dreaming about buying a ranch...in Texas.  Where it's not -30C!  I was telling the Girls about how I used to ride horses, and I remembered that I had some of my riding stuff in a box still.  So, I went down to the storage room, dusted off the box and brought it up.  I was surprised to see that I still had my riding outfit.... of course, I had to try it on, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it still fit!  Not to bad, since it's from when I was 15!

 The Girls thought that was pretty cool, and they, of course, wanted to try it all on....
 I also found my chaps....which still fit too (I must admit, I did the happy dance!)


It was fun to take a little meander down memory lane.  In the box were also all my old picture albums, which was quite fun to look through with the Girls. 
They especially enjoyed seeing the (very) old pictures of Grandpa from when I was a little girl.  I didn't realize that I had never shown them the pictures, and it was fun to be able to tell them about some of the events in the pictures.

No comments: