Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a great Easter Weekend!  It was so nice for us to be together as a family, and celebrate with friends, this special season.

On Friday, we had some friends over for brunch which included a Mennonite tradition of Paska, which is a sweet, egg bread which you spread with icing and put sprinkles on top, as well as our own tradition of lemon buns, which is a sweet bun with lemon pie filling in the center, and icing on top.
 After brunch, the kids headed outside while we leisurely sat and enjoyed some coffee and more food before heading out for an Easter egg hunt....
 We did some butterfly nets (to offset the chocolate), throw bags of chocolate eggs all over the ground (we told them to leave the eggs without the wrappers....like I said, we've had lots of deer here!)
 and some more chocolate bags hidden in the trees
 Hannah's rubber boots sprung a leak, which she told us after she went through about 10 pairs of socks, so Art taped my rubber boots on her.  She was quite the sight!  I only wish she would've told us that before we headed out for a walk to the creek!  We ended up cutting a bunch of pussy willows, which is always an exciting time for me.  It's the first real sign that spring is arriving here!
 Saturday we relaxed at home, and headed out to enjoy Easter dinner with some more friends, and Sunday morning, the girls dawned their new Easter dresses for church. 
 After lunch, we headed home to enjoy the gorgeous day!  Art got the Girls quad working, so they were very excited to go on their first rides of the season!
 We even dug out their helmet.....safety first!
 And, much to my surprise, I found that some of my crocuses had bloomed in my garden.  Yay for Spring!!

 We had another Easter egg hunt, which Art made me find my eggs as well....of course, in a tree!
 And we headed out for another walk to the creek....it's still pretty brown here, but it'll start to green up pretty soon, I am sure!
We even dug out a few of our chairs to sit on and enjoy the sun...and the snow!  Only in Alberta!  It was about 15 C outside, so it really was beautiful!  I have a few rosy cheek girls to prove it!

Art and Hannah also got out their ropes that they recently bought, so we grabbed a calf/stroller (ok, so you have to use your imagination there...but the contest was on to see who could rope "both horns", otherwise known as handles!)  Hannah's getting pretty good, and Art taught me, so now I need to practice in secret so that I can clean his clock the next time we have a "friendly competition"....

I hope that y'all had a good of an Easter weekend as we did!

No comments: