Monday, April 11, 2011

Perspective

Friday morrning, my aunt died unexpectedly.  She didn't wake up in the morning....  She was still young, and her daughters are close to my sister and I's ages.  She was a vibrant, joy filled woman who loved God.  So, although we know that she is in Heaven now, we still mourn for her ourselves, and the void that she will leave here on earth.

You know, it's funny, because after something like this happens, it's amazing how quickly we gain some perspective.  I've hugged my Girls a little tighter, sat with them a little more, held my husbands hand a little more often.... It has made me think of all the things that I want to do and see in my lifetime.  I want to see my Girls grow up to love the Lord, be in healthy happy marriages and raising their own families.  I want to be able to speak into the lives of my grandchildren, and my Girls as adults.  I want to enjoy the time I have with my husband, spend time together as a family, laughing and enjoying each others company...

So often, it's easy to get caught up in the rat race, and I have appreciated the perspective that this death has brought to me.  It's a good reminder that our days are numbered by the Lord....we don't know how or when we will leave this earth...

This week will be filled with times with family, laughing and crying.  Being with my "tribe" is always fun, and I will be reminded that our lives are just a moment in time, and it's up to me to live my life to the fullest... spend time doing what's really important.  I will be taking extra moments to kiss my loved ones, telling them that I appreciate them.  Perspective....it's a beautfiul thing.

No comments: