Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Taking A Walk

Yesterday I went shopping with one of my favorite people.  I wasn't going to buy anything, but I ended up having too.... I found my wild side, people, and I've decided to take a walk....on the wild side.

Wanna know how wild I am?!  This is how wild....I.  Bought.  WHITE.  Pants.  Yup, it's true.  White.  I've always loved the look of a nice pair of white khaki's, but my reality hasn't been able to handle them.  But I did it.  I bought them.  And they were my size, in a "tall".  Did I mention that they are white?!  Here they are:
Now to some of you, that may not sound crazy.  Or wild.  But let me assure you....it is.  First of all, I live in the country.  Where there is lots of dirt (or mud, if I look outside right now).  Secondly, I have a dog.  And thirdly, and it's a big one....I have children.  Four of them.  And they are always touching me and wanting up and rubbing up against me and touching me (did I say that yet?!).  So, they have been warned:  when I wear my sweet new white pants, they are not allowed to touch me.  At all.  Not even give me a hug.  Because as clean as I try to keep them, they are always...getting...dirty.... Which in turn get me dirty!  Truth be told, these may be my "date pants", which we all know how often that happens (not very!), but that's ok.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll wear them to church.  If I'm feeling crazy.  We'll see!

The good part of all my walking on the wild side?  They are white...and I could buy bleach (which I've never bought before, and truthfully, it scares me a little bit!), but they only cost $14, so if they get ruined, I suppose it's not the end of the world.  I'll just know....no more walking....on the wild side for me!

No comments: