Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Some More Perspective

One of the great things about having my little ladies around is that things can change so fast.  We all know how quickly things can go from great to terrible, whether it be a fall or someone not playing nicely, or when they're younger, taking toys from each other....

However, I've loved to see the other side of this in the last week.  We've been having kind of a quiet week, and there have been many tears shed here in dealing with the loss of our aunt.  It's so interesting to see how quickly the Girls, which then forces me, turn from tears to laughter.

In Ecclesiastes 3 it says, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven....a time to be born, a time to die.  A time to plant, and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance...."

In the past, I've always thought of those "times" as a longer period of time, more of a season, but in the last week, I've seen that those "times" can also be just moments.  And I've been so thankful for how these little ladies express how they feel in the moment, and then move on.  They don't have the ability that we as adults have to bottle things up.  From weeping to laughing, to mourning to dancing.  And it's good...I continue to get a different perspective fromwatching them deal with life...and death.  And I am thankful.

1 comment:

MagnificentMartha said...

I agree with what you said about time. thanks for the post.