Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Perfect Day

Sunday was one of those perfect days, where I had warm fuzzies all afternoon, just enjoying the beautiful day and my beautiful family. We had a great time together, not necessarily doing anything exceptional, but rather, it was an exceptional day. I couldn't sleep last night, because I didn't want the day to end. Do you ever have that? I found myself being so thankful. For our home and property, my family, my life. I'm not gonna lie....I do love my life. Most days. But yesterday....it was a day that made me remember why I love it. You know? It was a good day. And I made guacamole. For the first time. And my husband, who doesn't like guacamole, couldn't stop eating it.

I don't know what it is about water, more specifically rushing creek water, that is so exciting, but let me tell you friends, this was a major part of our perfect day.  We all donned our rubber boots (thankfully, we'd replaced Hannah's, so she didn't come home with soaking wet feet.  Oh wait, she still did, because she walked in the creek and snow....)  We walked down the road, and our "creek", which will dry up by mid-summer, was raging.  We'd made paper boats to float down the river, and brought them along to launch.  Along with some rocks...and sticks...and anything else the Girls could find!
After we launched the boats, we'd all run downstream, trying to follow them, until they got filled with water....oops!




 Hannah and Abby had their minds made up...they were trying to find a large stick...somewhere...in the bush
 and they were triumphant!
 We threw in rocks and splashed each other....
...and Art tried to cross it.  Which was scary...and got him very, very wet!  Good thing his boots didn't have a hole!
 
We decided something, in our time by the creek.  We decided that the next property that we buy (please?!), will have a creek.  Not a river, which could flood and drown children and be big and rushing, but a little old creek.  Because who knew it could be so fun and exciting?  It was a perfect day....

No comments: