Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A(nother) First

Saturday was my birthday.  It was another pretty much perfect day.  We started off by going to breakfast at a local butcher/meat shop, where they also have a restaurant.  They use their own meats, farm fresh eggs and homemade baked goods in the menu.  It was delicious!!

 Of course, being the day before Mother's Day, it was packed!  We waited a good 45 minutes to sit down, but let me tell you.  It was well worth the wait!

 Hannah had the Mother's Day special.  And ate almost all of it, minus a half a pancake.  I almost got sick watching her!
 Art had yumminess as well.  It was a very special treat, since we rarely (ok, never) go out for breakfast.  They got me some flowers as well as homemade cards (which made me cry!), which were lovely.  But the best gift?  This.
It was our first egg.  From our first chickens.  Laid the day after we got them.  And it was glorious!  A little on the small side, but still, pretty darn exciting!  Did you know?  Brown chickens lay brown eggs.  And you don't need a rooster to get eggs...just to fertilize them.  These are things I didn't know.  But now I do.  Yay for me!

No comments: