Wednesday, February 11, 2009

100th post

Do you believe it? I made it to 100! This marks my 100th post....so, all you skeptics, take that! I've even put some pictures on, at times. Yup, I've done good.

This weekend, my Dad was here. It was fun seeing him, and the older girls enjoyed their coffee dates with him. Ellie Mae, however, was very funny. She dubbed him "Nanny". She would stand at the bottom of the stairs, and yell, "Nanny! Nanny!". I'm not sure where she got that, but it was quite humorous! Even now, as he is gone, she still asks for "Nanny!"

It was also Art's birthday on Monday. Since he's not a big party animal, we had a quiet family night, which he enjoyed, and I made him his request of homemade pizza for dinner, and a killer good chocolate cake with raspberry filling. Probably the best cake I've ever made!

As I was thinking about him, and his birthday, I was so thankful. Art truly is a godly man who loves the Lord and loves people. He extends grace to people like no one I know, has such a generous spirit, and truly strives to live by example. He's an amazing Dad and husband, and I really am a better woman for not only knowing him, but marrying him. I definitely married up!! I feel so proud to live my life with him. I love that people are drawn to him, not necessarily for his charm or charisma, but they are drawn (though they may not know it) to the Spirit of the Lord IN him. Yup, it's true. Truly, he is great! And I love him. Lots and lots.

No comments: