Monday, February 23, 2009

25 Random Things About Me!

So here's something I did on Facebook, but I thought I'd post it here in case you missed it... Once I started thinking about it, it was kinda fun!

1. I will always be young because my husband is 10 yrs. older than me!
2. I love candy
3. I lived and travelled in Europe for a 9 months
4. I have 30 cousins, 10 sets of aunts and uncles!5. My girls have 14 cousins, 4 aunts and 3 uncles!
6. I took piano, violin, flute and trumpet lessons as a kid
7. I drove 1 hr. (each way) every day to go to high school
8. I had a horse named Alex for a number of years who I showed
9. I have had probably 22 ultrasounds throughout my pregnancies
10. I never took swimming lessons, but love to swim/play in the water
11. I have never cleaned my shower (Art does that!)
12. We have had 9 cats since we've lived here...but only one seems to survive
13. We're on our third dog, since living here.... first 2 died (we didn't shoot them), and now Moses
14. This is my first Alberta winter not being pregnant or nursing (we've been here for 8 1/2 yrs.), and I've been freezing!!
15. Bloody hell, this is hard to come up with 25 things about me!
16. I grew up in the Vancouver area and NEVER want to live there again. It's beautiful, but crazy!
17. I always wanted to have daughters...I'm not too sad we didn't have any boys.
18. My best friend has the same birthday as my daughter, and her son and one of my other girls have the same birthday...how crazy is that?! 2 shared birthdays!
19. One of the things about being a mom that drives me CRAZY is cleaning the bathroom, and then the girls go brush their teeth and it's a nightmare once again. Toothpaste and water everywhere! Well, that and trying to get shoes on and get out the door.... And washing the floor. Every time I wash it, I'm sure, someone drops a plate full of food, or glass of milk....it may be a conspiracy!
20. When we first were married, I couldn't stand going to garage sales. Now, I love garage sale-ing...especially if you find a good one! Usually, in the summer, I will make pb&j sandwiches so we can have a 'picnic in the van', and we'll load everyone up and drive around in the country on a Thursday afternoon/evening, going to different garage sales.
21. When we lived in Abbotsford, our rent was $300/mth. for our (dungeon) basement suite.
22. My grandparents had a dog named Dutchess when I was a kid. One summer, we went to go visit, and Dutchess was gone. I asked my Grandpa where he was, and he told me he went off into the woods to die...I was sad. It wasn't until I was married, and we were talking about Dutchess with my grandparents one day, and my Grandpa said, "Went off into the woods to die?! I shot Dutchess!" That may have scarred me....
23. I love to bake!
24. I miscarried between Abby and Molly, and my girls, especially the older two, will talk regularly about 'Levi'. If they are exceptionally tired, they will cry, and say, "I miss Levi!"
25. I LOVE being married! I have a great husband, and we have lots and lots and lots of fun together! He makes me laugh, a lot, and tells great stories. You wouldn't always know it, since he's a quieter man, but he is hilarious! He is a great dad, and a great husband, and I am a better woman for having married him.
26. This isn't really about me, but it's funny, and since I used #15 as "Bloody hell....'. When Art and I got engaged, he had a box labelled "Girls, girls, girls". In that box were pictures of the (many) girls he had dated over the years...some of whom he couldn't remember names of. We got rid of the "Girls, girls, girls" box not long after that....

No comments: