Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Weekend to Remember

Friday night, we had this crazy, amazing wind storm. The wind picked up just after we put the kids to bed, and since it was SO loud, they came out after a little while and we watched and listened to the storm. Do you know what the craziest thing was? We saw lightening!! Lightening in January....it was nuts!! And lots of it!

Anyhow, moving on... Saturday, I got a 'day off'. Art had encouraged me to go out for the day, just get away. So, I picked up a girlfriend at about 10:30 am, and we were off. We just putzed around all day, did some shopping... (of course!), went for dinner. You know, all the fun stuff to do sans kids! It was so nice just to be away and have some fun, not having to watch out for 4 girls as I was trying on clothes in the change room (PS. I think that retail stores have a vendetta against tall, thin girls...I couldn't find anything!!)

When I got home, Art and the girls had a surprise for me..... they had gone to Costco (yup, Art took them all to the store! He said that people kept looking at him, or stopping to talk to him, and they all had this look like, "Either that guys' an idiot or a good dad!". I say, "Good dad!"), picked up a bunch of storage shelves and organized the basement. It was, of course, Hannah and Art's dream day! Organizing and cleaning up, what could be better! What a great man I have, who not only encourages me to get away, but works his butt off while I am gone?!

All in all, a weekend to remember!

No comments: