Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Today, my baby is 2 yrs. old! Can you believe it? I can't! Art and I were talking about this very thing last night, and I realized....I've never had a 2 yr. old and not been pregnant. That is crazy, as well. First time for everything, I guess!

It seems like just yesterday (pardon the cliche!) when I was rushed in an ambulance to the hospital, praying that my labor would stop so she wouldn't be born 10 wks. early....laying on the couch napping with her after a feeding...watching her do all the firsts - smiling, sitting, crawling, walking, talking... I wonder what firsts this next year will bring for Ellie Mae. It's been fun to get to do things together as a family, and not having to stay back and take care of a baby. A whole new world, I think!

Anyhow, we won't have Ellie Mae's 'party' (I use the term loosely....4th kid, turning 2...not really a party!) on Sunday when Art's sister will be able to join us for the celebration. We'll have cake and candles and pictures.... And then I shall post them (off my back, people!). That's all I have to say for now. Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

gramma blue said...

hey. I'm engaged. I was too lazy to look for your email address.. yup. engaged. : )

gramma blue said...

I don't know why it said gloria.. because this is from heidi.